Improve your English language skills while discovering Manitoba, and enjoying many social, cultural and sporting activities unique to Canada’s Heartland.
Manitoba Discovery Program Description
A two-week all-inclusive discovery program in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada for adult travellers who want to participate in basic Conversational English in an informal teacher led setting, and at the same time experience Manitoba Culture through planned activities – Travel and Learn!
A feature of this program will be to experience the Basics of Curling, an Olympic sport that is widely played in Canada and especially in Manitoba.
The daily schedule will include morning English Instruction and afternoon excursions to popular cultural sites such as the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
Free time is scheduled so that participants can explore and enjoy all that Winnipeg has to offer for tourists and visitors in this multi-culturally diverse and very friendly capital city.
Transportation to scheduled events will be provided. During their stay, participants will enjoy well located Four Star hotel accommodations.
Program hosts, Ellen and Doug will accompany guests on all excursions.
The program will conclude on the last evening with a Farewell Dinner.
Conversational English Lessons at the Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology
Learn the sport of Curling
Curling is a sport in which players slide stones on a sheet of ice towards a target. Each team of four players has eight stones, with each player throwing two. Since the 1998 Olympics, Canada has dominated the sport, most recently with our mixed doubles team winning gold in 2018.
Manitoba Discovery – Itinerary Highlights
- Two Week all-inclusive travel and learn program for adult travellers
- 25-30 Hours of English classes with an emphasis on conversational English for beginners
- Certificate of Participation for English classes
- Experience the province of Manitoba in the heartland of Canada featuring history, culture, sports, cuisine, entertainment
- Learn the basics of the Olympic sport ‘Curling’
- Visit the Canadian Museum for Human Rights
- Experience one of the country’s most culturally diverse cities – Winnipeg
- Guided tours
- Experienced hosts
- Free time to explore, tour, shop and enjoy the city’s rich culture
- Farewell dinner
See the Manitoba Discovery Daily Schedule for a Typical Program Itinerary