RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
(To be Completed by Participants on Arrival in Winnipeg)
1 . This is a binding legal agreement, therefore clarify any questions or concerns before signing. As a participant in the Program, activities and events of the Manitoba Discovery Program, the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following terms.
2 . Disclaimer The Manitoba Discovery Program and its directors, officers, members, employees, coaches, participants, agents, owners/operators and representatives (collectively the “Organization”) are not responsible for any injury, property damage, expense, loss of income, damage or loss of any kind suffered by me during, or as a result of the Activities, caused in any manner whatsoever including, but not limited to, the negligence of the Organization.
I have read and agree to be bound by paragraphs 1, 2, and the following:
Description of Risks
I am participating voluntarily in Activities that have foreseeable and unforeseen inherent risks, hazards and dangers which include, but are not limited to, injuries from:
- Physical exertion, movement, turns and stops;
- Being struck by a broom, brush or curling stone;
- Stepping onto the ice surface;
- Stepping over sheet dividers;
- Running or sliding on the ice surface;
- Falling because of slippery ice, or uneven or irregular ice surfaces;
- Falling while delivering the curling stone, skipping or sweeping;
- Exerting and stretching various muscle groups;
- Failure to participate within one’s abilities;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Physical contact with other participants, spectators, equipment;
- Failure to properly use any piece of equipment or failure of any equipment;
- Travel to and from Program activities which are an integral part of the Manitoba Discovery Program.
Terms/Release of Liability
In consideration of the Manitoba Discovery Program allowing me to participate in the Activities, I agree:
- That my physical condition is appropriate to participate in the Activities;
- To comply with the rules and regulations for participation in the Activities;
- That if I observe an unusual significant hazard or risk, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of an Organization representative immediately;
- That the Organization does not undertake to provide health, accident, disability, hospitalization, personal property or other insurance for me in the Activities and I have ascertained appropriate insurance to protect myself;
- The sole responsibility for my safety remains with me;
- To ASSUME all risks arising out of, associated with or related to my participation;
- To WAIVE any and all claims that I may have now or in the future against the Organization;
- To freely ACCEPT and FULLY ASSUME all such risks and possibility of personal injury, death, or property damage, expense and related loss, including loss of income, resulting from my participation in the activities, events and programs of the Organization; and
- To forever release the Organization from any and all liability for any and all claims, demands, actions, damages, losses, actions, judgments, which I may have or may in the future, that might arise from or relate to my participation in the activities, even though possibly caused by any manner whatsoever, including negligence, negligent rescue, omissions, carelessness and/or breach of any statutory duty of care of the Organization.
Cancellations / Refunds:
*If a registrant cancels at least 40 calendar days prior to the Program start date, they will be reimbursed the fees paid at that time less the $150 Application Fee and any bank service charges.
*If a registrant cancels anytime less than 40 calendar days prior to the Program start date due solely as a result of a visa non approval (official evidence provided), they will be reimbursed the fees paid at that time less $300 and any bank service charges.
*The Manitoba Discovery Program reserves the right to cancel the Program, should enrolment be insufficient. In that event, the registrants will be refunded all fees paid to the date of cancellation.
I acknowledge that I have read this agreement and understand it, that I have executed this agreement voluntarily, and that this agreement is to be binding upon myself, my heirs, spouse, children, parents, guardians, next of kin, executors, administrators and legal or personal representatives.
If you are Ready to Apply for the Manitoba Discovery Program, please proceed to our Registration Page